May 17, 2011

1981 Photo of Durbin by Charles David

Deanna Durbin has notably shunned the spotlight since her retirement from film in the late 1940s. Since then, any interview, missive or photo of the star has been increasingly rare. Below is one I had not seen before. This photo was taken in 1981 by her husband Charles David (director of Lady On A Train). It was later sent to NYU Cinema Studies professor William Everson. 

Scrawled at the bottom of the photograph are these words:

Dear Will Everson
In gratitude for your invitations I thought I'd send you this snapshot I took of Deanna a year ago.
                       Sincerely
                       Charles David

Enjoy, film fans.
Copyrights belong to their respective owners

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I've seen this one! And I think she is still absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete